Top Ten Tuesday – Did They Really Say That?
I’ve learned that when you are expecting, people are very generous with their comments, stories, and opinions. In celebration of that, here’s my top ten list of things I can’t believe people have said to me:
- "Yeah...you look really pregnant in the face now!" - while tapping their own cheeks.
- "Wow! Almost there, huh?" - Nope...we have another 20 weeks to go, but thanks!
- "Make sure you keep up on your kegels!" - From a random candidate that we did not hire.
- "You're pregnant? I thought you just stopped going to the gym or something!" - the stage right before you start to look obviously pregnant is a sad, sad stage.
- "She's a wiggler! Glad she's not going to be coming home wiht me!" - from the Ultrasound Technician...very encouraging...
- "I can tell you're going to have a BIG baby!" - you're making that assumption based on the size I am right now, huh?
- "Do you think you should be eating that? Is that good for baby?" - Let's see...I've given up caffeine, smoking, alcohol, recreational drugs (J/K on most of these by the way!)...and now it's not okay to enjoy a piece of chocolate every once in a while?
- "Are you sure it's a girl? I don't know if I can see you having a girl....a boy definitely...but a girl???" - I can't put my finger on why exactly this comment bothered me...but it did.
- "Ugh...I hope you don't have the same long, horrible labor that I had..." - normally a graphic, disgusting labor and delivery story is inserted here...
10. "How far along are you? Wow - 21 weeks...you look fantastic! I would have never guessed you were that far along!" - Bless her heart! :o)
Top Ten Tuesday – Part Deaux
Now for the double-dose of Top Ten Tuesday…moms I need your help…send me your Top Ten list of “Things I couldn’t live without” to help me get started on my baby registry this weekend!
5 comments:
How about this one: "Don't stress, it isn't good for the baby." Like you aren't going to be a TAD stressed when you are having your first child. ha ha. This list made me crack up.
I don't have any kids, but I do know one thing that Melissa had for Dallas is the Bumbo, it's that rubber seat thing with leg separators, totally awesome, and they have a tray that can connect to it too!
LOVE this post!! I get the huge baby, you're huge, you look pregnant comments ALL the time!! UGH!! What are people thinking?
Couldn't live without: the baby swing. I had a friend once describe her baby swing as a third parent - very well put!
I couldn't live without my Boppy. It makes nursing very comfortable!
Blake's Granny ALWAYS made little comments like, "I don't know why that doctor keeps telling you you're having a girl...It's obvious you're having a boy." And after our 3-D sono pics she said, "My goodness!! If that baby is a little girl, she sure is a BIG girl. Looks like a little boy wrestler to me." Those comments always bothered me...Like having a girl was a BAD thing. Much to her surprise, Addi really was a little girl...Weighing a whopping 6 pounds 10 ounces...Nothing like the "BIG" "BOY" "WRESTLER" she was convinced we were having!
Gotta love the pregnancy comments! hehe:)
We need to see some preggo pics...It's a MUST in the blogging world;]
Post a Comment