All right...I will be honest...I have been a bit of a whiner/complainer this past week. A really good friend of mine pointed out that I have a pretty wonderful life...with an absolutely amazing husband...and I should concentrate on the good things I do have... So to piggy-back off that idea, here is my top ten list of things I love about my husband (sorry if this is too mushy!):
1. Chris LOVES animals! His face lights up when the cat jumps on the couch to come and visit him...and you can catch him cuddling the puppy like a baby... Even looking at pictures from when he was younger...there are pictures of him cuddling a puppy they got for Christmas, laughing as he plays with a tonka truck while holding a kitty, and looking at amazement at a bunny on Easter. Being someone who has always had a soft spot for animals, it's been nice having someone share that passion too!
2. We are both non-cuddlers while sleeping. BUT....when Chris is half asleep in the mornings, he'll cuddle....and it's nice!
3. Chris never ever nags me about what I eat. It doesn't phase him when we go out for steaks and I order pasta and a salad. Growing up in a household where you cleaned your plate, I always feel guilty about not finishing my meal (especially when eating out), but Chris is awesome about letting me know that it's good to say "no" when you're full!
4. Every morning before going to work, Chris gives me a good-bye kiss. Granted, I have morning breath and I'm only half awake....the kiss is on my cheek!
5. When Chris comes home from work, he asks me, "How are my two favorite people in the world?" When Chris is out of town traveling for work, he'll text and ask me, "How are you, Peanut, Honey, and Katie?" :o)
6. He'll watch chick flicks with me.
7. He has an incredible attention to detail. I don't always take the time to organize the wires/cords behind the TV or sometimes I take shortcuts when vaccuuming...not Chris. When he does anything around the house, he always finishes everything to perfection...
8. Chris is really involved with this pregnancy. He definitely has his opinion on the nursery and wants to be involved in pretty much all aspects of this pregnancy. He's definitely excited about the prenatal classes, newborn care classes, and hospital tours.
9. He's gotten to be a sports nut.... We love watching the Suns play...and don't ever miss the Huskers play. I'm glad I don't have to watch these sports alone!
10. He's my best friend. Period.
Again...sorry for the mushiness....but sometimes you just need to take a moment and jot down things you are thankful for.... I am definitely thankful for the wonderful husband I have!
1 comment:
Awwww. That was so sweet. I think sometimes we take for granted the blessings we've been given in our husbands.
Post a Comment