I am so high strung! Our ultrasound is scheduled for later this morning... I woke up around 3 AM to use the restroom...started thinking about the ultrasound...and couldn't sleep after that. I drifted in and out and in and out...and finally got out of bed around 7 AM. In attempt to make this morning go by a little faster, here's a recap on the past week (or so):
Chris's grandma passed away on Thursday morning. Chris was actually in Yuma for work when we received the call. He and his partner finished inspecting several bridges and drove the 3 hours back to Phoenix. He left work early and met me home around 4 PM. It was a crazy night trying to get ready for the 18 hour car drive the next day. By the time we finished laundry, packing, airing the tires, cleaning out the car, prepping the car for Honey..... Oi! I think we crawled into bed around 11 PM....to wake up at 3 AM! Yay! We were both supposed to wake up at 3 AM, so that Chris could finish packing up the car while I showered...but if anyone knows Chris, you know that he did not get out of bed until 3:30. All details aside (and me loading the car that morning...except for the heavy luggage)...we were on the road by 4:15 AM. I drove the first leg from Phoenix, AZ to Lordsburg, NM while Chris slept. Chris drove from Lordsburg to Van Horne, TX....I did not sleep (I've never been able to sleep during road trips). I drove from Van Horne to Abilene...with Chris dead to the world. Chris drove the rest of the way from Abilene to Shreveport, LA. A very, very long day. We got into Shreveport around 11:30 PM (CST....or 10:30 PM AZ time). Sleep....
The funeral service and wake started at 11:00 AM the next day. A beautiful, intimate service. We followed it by dinner at a mexican buffet with Chris's immediate family. Chris's mom and Keith left right after the dinner to spend a few days in Smackover, AR. We spent the next day with Teresa and family and had a wonderful day! We threw the baseball around with Triston for a good chunk of the day...and I don't know who enjoyed it more: Triston or Honey! Anytime Triston missed the baseball, Honey was right there to scoop it up and run around for a while. It took Honey a while to get used to the kids (she's never really had time with any kids)...but she eventually calmed down and started giving out the kisses! We visited with Chris's aunt and grandma (on the other side) and followed it with a dinner at a local pizza chain....yum, yum, yum! We spent the rest of the evening walking around on the boardwalk, which is a really cool shopping complex. Teresa and family left town that evening to drive through the night home...and the rest of us crashed. We spent the next day completely relaxing. It's so cute...Honey absolutely LOVES Chris's dad. She wanted to follow him anywhere...and cuddled up with him anytime he was on the couch. She definitely made a new friend! Then came the long drive home.... I've concluded that Texas is the largest, largest, largest state in the world! Long story short, we left Shreveport at 6 AM CST and got home around 11 PM AZ time...or 1 AM CST... It's good to be home!
I've had my first set of belly touching while in Shreveport. Chris's aunts all wanted to touch the belly! I really started "poking" out last week. Several people at work noticed it...and family definitely noticed it. Chris said he still doesn't notice it unless I wear certain shirts. Yesterday we noticed the lovely linea negra. I didn't know the official name for it until I had to look it up...but it's the dark line that runs from the pubic area up to the belly button and beyond. It's still fairly light and really thin...but it's definitely there. Read about it in my trusty book...and yep...normally pops up in the second trimester and is more predominant in darker skinned women. According to an old wive's tale...if the line only runs up to the belly button it's a girl...but if it runs up to the ribs, it's a boy. I'm not going to tell you where mine stops...we'll just see if the old wive's tale holds true!
My husband must really love me! We purchased a crib/changing combo from Baby Depot earlier in the month. We liked the design, we liked the quality...and we liked having the drawers on the changer built in. It was on sale...and the only one left in AZ....so we bit the bullet and bought the crib....shoved it in the trunk of our car and drove home with it. We never took it out of the box...it's just kind of sitting in the dining room. Well last night, we were walking in Target, and I ran across a similar crib without the changer attached. The crib is cheaper...and for a total of $100 more, we can purchase an entire dresser and just add a changing pad on the top of the dresser. Yep...we'll be loading the original crib into the trunk of the car again to take it back to Baby Depot and adding the new crib and dresser onto our baby registry. Oops. Fun news though: we found a stroller we love at Target (the stroller was the only thing at Babies R Us that was not carried at Target)...so we'll only have the registry at Target. Yay!
Anywho...our ultrasound is later this morning. Hopefully my next post will have "It's a ....." with pictures of Peanut! Crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment