Saturday, January 10, 2009

Coming back home from vacation has been hectic! Work has been crazy busy as the Verizon/Alltel merger became final Friday. Trying to catch up on the work while out of town for the holiday, fill classes for an aggresive training schedule, and the additional projects that have come because of the merger...I am pooped! Chris was traveling this week, and I was actually pretty excited about his traveling because it meant that I was able to sleep an extra hour every morning and he would be home for my birthday! Unfortunately, I found out this week that I need to travel next week, so Chris is going to be home on my birthday, and I will be in exciting Little Rock. *sigh*

On a happy note: I have been feeling GREAT! I haven't had any nausea issues for the past week and a half. My appetite has come back fast and furious (most of the time). I'm still tired at the end of the day, but I'm not exhausted during the day like I used to be. This has been such a blessing (especially with the increased activity at work).

Life is definitely back to pre-holiday bliss...except for the Christmas lights on the outside. I told Chris we need to take those down this week, or we're going to be bordering on the white-trash side... Honey is finally back to normal after her week in the kennel. She forgot her manners while in the kennel and brought her new personality home. Lucky for us...after a little love and time, she's back to her loving self! Chris has started to move things out of Peanut's room and pretty much has the new office set up. There's going to be quite a bit of work to do in Peanut's room - we removed a desk that was attached to the wall, take out some shelves, clean out all of the storage items, and paint! I know Chris is super excited about getting the room looking its best!

My next OB appointment is next Friday (day after my birthday!). I fly back into town around noon, and the appointment is at 3:00 PM. Talking to a few friends, they said we should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat during this appointment. I think this is the most exciting part. The ultrasound was not what we were expecting, and I think hearing the heartbeat will really bring the idea home that there is really a baby on the way! I should hopefully also find out whether we will be able to breastfeed or not. *fingers-crossed*

I'll update again after my next appointment! :o)

1 comment:

The Kopers said...

Glad you're feeling so good! And have fun listening to Peanut's little heartbeat. SOOOO exciting!
Have fun in Little Rock and Happy (early) Birthday!

The base is in Jacksonville, I guess - so if you get anywhere near North Little Rock or Jacksonville, keep your eye out for cool stuff for me ;-)