Do you remember writing that on your notes to your friends? You know...the one's that you had to fold all cool...and then you'd give it to them in the hall between classes? *sigh* I must be going back to my awkward pre-teen years subconsciously... My braces were put on this morning. Here are some pics:
Before....
After (Can you see them????)
There they are!!!!
Don't pretend...you know you're jealous of my sexiness right now... :)
Onto other news. Chris is in Houston with his sister and dad. His dad is scheduled for open heart surgery (his second) tomorrow. It is a 10 hour surgery and prayers are always appreciated. I know they have several bypasses that they plan to do and something with an aneurysm. I don't pretend to understand all of it, I just pray that the Lord guides the surgeons' hands! The survival rate is 90%...which is fairly high...and I just don't think about what the other 10% means. Pray for his dad and the feelings he must be going through leading up to the surgery and for his recovery after the surgery. Pray for the family there to feel His presence and to remain calm during the long 10 hours. They don't plan to wake Johnnie up until Wednesday morning. He will be on a respirator (I think that's what it is) until Thursday night, so unfortunately, Chris won't be able to talk with his dad prior to flying back to Phoenix, but his dad should be awake before he leaves town. I wish I could be there with them, but I also know that Morgan would not do so well at a hospital for 10 hours during the surgery and it would be a bit much right after the surgery. We'll have to plan a trip to Shreveport to visit Johnnie after he recovers. Preferably before Morgie turns two...so we don't have to pay for that third plane ticket! :) Since we can't be there, Morgie has sent along a get well card to her Papaw:
She worked very hard on this card!
I hope everyone is doing well out there! About to go take some more Advil and drink a shake for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment