1. Oreck Upright Vacuum - We used to own a Dyson, and while I loved the suction, I hated how HEAVY it was (around 20 some lbs). The upright is 8 lbs making vacuuming the stairs much easier.
2. Oreck Hand-held Vacuum - The hand-held is awesome at vacuuming corners, edges, couches, and has a great bare floor attachment. I wasn't sure I was going to like having two separate vacuums (upright & hand-held), but I have come to appreciate them!
3. Pledge Spray and Dust - Squirt, squirt, wipe, wipe, and done! I love not having to carry around an extra rag and a spray can.
4. Spot Shot Carpet Cleaner - Ahem...not that we have any issues with pet stains on the floor, but rhetorically speaking, this stuff is like magic on anything the pets have left on the floor.
5. Cascade Actionpacs Dishwasher Detergent - It sounds really lazy, but it's so nice to pop a pac into the dishwasher and not try to pour powder into the right compartment. Plus, sometimes with powder, our dishwasher wouldn't dissolve all of it (and it's a new dishwasher) and a hard clump of powder would be left. We've never had dissolving issues with these and they work really well!
6. Kaboom Bathroom Cleaner - Yeah...I know it's from an infomercial, and every time I see it, I hear the same voice in my head, BUT it does work really well. And anything that keeps me from scrubbing a shower too hard is a keeper in my book!
7. Lysol Kitchen Cleaner - We use this stuff like it's going out of style in our kitchen. It cleans everything and smells pretty good. Plus antibacterial and fairly cheap...rock on!
8. Dobie Sponge - In the rare instance we have something not dishwasher safe, this little sponge rocks. It cleans hard messes and doesn't scratch!
10. Rubbermaid's Reveal Spray Mop- this is a fairly new tool in the house. We used to have a Swiffer Wet Jet. Here are some of the reason's why I love this 30x better than the swiffer: I love being able to make my own floor cleaning solution. I'm able to purchase a regular floor cleaner and dilute it in the provided container...better yet, I can easily just make a Vinegar/Water mixture that is safe for Morgan and the pets. This saves SO much money because the Swiffer cleaning product was pretty expensive, and there have been issues with the toxicity of the Swiffer solutions. I love that the mop head is washable (up to 100x), and because it's cloth, it cleans much more effectively than the Swiffer paper cleaning pads. I love that it's a regular trigger spray (not-battery operated). The batteries were constantly dying in the Swiffer, so again, it's just another money saver. Two thumbs up!
And I think that's as domestic as a post can ever get! Happy Top Ten Tuesday, everyone!








No comments:
Post a Comment