Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Steps!

Morgan took her first steps on Thursday, November 11th....at daycare...  I always wondered how I would feel about Morgan achieving such a big milestone at daycare vs. at home.  I really wasn't upset by it - and that surprised me!  I just figured that Chris and I would see Morgie walking for the first time together...and we did that weekend!  She's still only taking 3-4 steps at a time, and it's very sporadic.  We will take what we can get.  At this point, we know it's a "will" issue...not a "skill" issue.

So this whole situation got me thinking...  I feel guilty about NOT feeling guilty that I work outside of the home.  Is that crazy?  I have a lot of SAHM friends, so I know that they are VERY passionate about being there to experience their children's firsts...  I like seeing her firsts...but it's not a deal-breaker for me.  So then I start wondering if I'm a bad mom for not feeling that way...  I think I'm fine until I start comparing myself to SAHMs.  But then, once I talk to mommies at work, we're all very similar in how we feel.  Anywho...rambling cut short...I am not cut out to be a SAHM.  I am a better mommy when I go to work...and that is perfectly fine!  Just a few of my jumbled thoughts!

No comments: