Sunday, December 6, 2009

So the only time I post is when I'm traveling out of town for business!  And then...I'm on an Air Card, so uploading pictures is out of the question.  When I have a chance to jump on while in town, I spend so much time catching up on everyone else's posts that I run out of time for my own posts! Eh...

Morgan is 4 months!  I can't believe it!  In case I come back to read this in the future, here's where we are in life:

-Morgan does not like to eat in the mornings AT ALL!  I am lucky if I can get her to drink more than 3 oz between the time she wakes up and noon.

-Morgan has gotten into a bad habit of drinking bottles at night and not during the day...this has led to 2-3 wake up calls every night from Morgan.  We are trying to break this habit by letting her cry it out....and that is harder than I thought it would be...  I'm told it's normally 3 rough nights...and then it gets better...

-Morgan has recently discovered that her hands can go together.  I've caught her clasping her hands together and staring at them.  She's fascinated that they can touch each other!

-Morgan is a HUGE hand-sucker.  Forget the thumb....fit in whole hand.  Very impressive. 

-Morgan is a laughing machine.  She loves her jumperoo and she loves when we "dance" together

-We tried rice cereal for the first time this week...and she is definitely not ready for it (nor do I think she likes the taste)

-When on her belly, Morgan will push her self almost all the way up - I think crawling is in the near future.  She's already a rolling machine (back to tummy) since 2 months....I think she's a little ahead of her time developmentally...

-Anytime we go to a store, we use the Baby Bjorn....not because I believe in baby wearing per se, but because Morgan hates her car seat in the store (she likes to look around), so she loves the Baby Bjorn...and a pleasant baby in public is worth wearing her.  Plus...I hate her car seat.  It's uber ugly...I wish it was a little more girly with more personality.  I've looked up car seat covers online but they are crazy expensive and not worth the cost (in my opinion).  We're getting a jogging stroller from a coworker...and I think as soon as she's ready for that, we'll switch to the convertible car seat since we never take the infant car seat out of the car when we run into the stores...  But until she sits in a shopping cart...we plan to wear the Baby Bjorn...and I think she and I look pretty cute together with it on....it's how we plan to travel in the airport - having two hands free vs. lugging a car seat sounds like a great plan to me!

-I have been traveling a little more for work recently...and if I want to secure a full-time/permanent job, I may be traveling a WHOLE lot more...and that makes me nervous.  Chris can handle Morgan when I'm not there (though I don't think he'll enjoy doing it that much more often)...but I know it will be stressful for the both of us...  Since, I'll probably have to travel when Chris is in town, and he'll haved to travel when I'm out of town...

-I think we really like the idea of returning to Nebraska to be closer to family (especially since Morgan arrived), but since we purchased a home BEFORE the economy took a nose dive, we won't be able to sell our home without taking a 50K+ loss....and that won't happen.  We'll see if the Christmas trip cures the Nebraska bug or makes it stronger...

-Chris and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this week.  10 years.  A decade.  And that's not 10 years with some off and on....but 10 years of exculsive dating/marriage.  That blows my mind.  10 years ago, we went to our youth group's Christmas dinner together....who would have thought that'd be the start to the rest of our lives?

I think that's all for now.  The battery is dying...and the bed is calling my name!

1 comment:

Holly said...

The Baby Bjorn is awesome! That's Nolan's favorite way to be out in public too!
Congratulations on your anniversary. I remember when you guys started dating and I can't believe it's been 10 years!