Friday, October 23, 2009

And another 5 weeks later...

Last post was September 15, 2009?  REALLY?  Holy guacomole....  I do have an excuse though...  I think it's the MAN trying to keep me down.  Yep...the MAN.  If you're not familiar with the MAN - take a few psychology courses, and I think you can blame EVERYTHING on the MAN.  So...here's how the MAN is keeping me down on my blogging.  Below is the agenda to a typical weekday while Chris is in town:

3:30A - Morgan wakes up for a nightly bottle (and a diaper change)
3:50A - I drowsily walk back to the master bedroom after placing Morgan back in her crib
4:45A - Chris's alarm goes off and my first attempt to wake Chris up.
4:52A - The snooze alarm goes off and my second attempt to wake Chris up.
4:59A - My FINAL attempt to wake Chris up (and I get pretty mean with this one).  Chris takes a shower.
5:20A - My alarm goes off and I join Chris in the bathroom and hop in the shower while he finishes getting dressed and shaves.
6:15A - I wake up Morgan to get her ready for the day and to give a final bottle before she goes to daycare.
6:45A - Leave the house to drop Morgan off at daycare
7:30A - Arrive at work
4:15P - Leave work
4:45P - Arrive at daycare to pick up Morgan and get the recap of her day (normally always good)
5:00P - Get home and let the dog out/feed dog
5:15P - Give Morgan another bottle
5:45P - Start Dinner
6:15P - Chris comes home/Eat Dinner/Clean up after dinner
8:15P - Bathtime for Morgan
8:45P - Final bottle for Morgan
9:15P - Morgan in bed and Chris and I getting ready for bed
9:30P - Lights out!  Whew!

And those are the days when Chris is IN town!  The weeks when he's traveling for work are even more hectic because then I have to do all of the cleaning up on my own, trash, recycling, etc, etc, etc.  So really, my only free time to blog would be during lunch at work - but this website is BLOCKED at work.  Seriously...the MAN is trying to keep me down.

Anyhow.  I'm not complaining - just simply giving you an insight to my day.  I love my life, my husband, and my baby.  I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything...though being around family might help sometimes to have a few hours for a date night a little more often...but we have some good friends who are helping us with that!

Morgan is almost 3 months old and that blows my mind!  Here are the status from her two week check-up:
Weight: 11 lbs 5 oz (50th percentile)
Height: ???? (34th percentile)
Head Circumference: ???? (34th percentile)
She's getting to the end of her 0-3 month clothing...and I'm really sad because she has the cutest outfits...and she doesn't even wear them...she normally wears her sleepers all day long at daycare.  During the weekends if we're going somewhere, we'll put her in an outfit...but honestly...she just chills in her sleepers.  I'm such a bad mom sometimes...note to self: take time to dress daughter in some of those really cute outfits hanging up in the closet!  I will do this and take pictures!  :o)

I'm amazed at how much Morgan has grown and progressed!  She holds her head steady on her own and rarely has a head bobble.  She started rolling over from her back to her stomach at 2 months 1 week.  We always place her on her back to sleep, but everytime we go in there to wake her up or give her a bottle, she's on her tummy.  And that girl can move.  She is all over the crib.  Sometimes, Chris and I will take bets at what direction she'll be laying in the crib and then turn on the video monitor to check!  Silliness.  Morgan is a talker.  Every evening, she'll sit on my knee and face me and we'll "chat" for about 10 minutes...and she just goes on and on!  We haven't heard her laugh yet, but she's getting very, very close.  She has started to reach for toys hanging from her playmat or her bouncy chair.   She drinks about 5 oz at every serving and normally downs 7 oz for her last bottle of the day.  I'm really hoping we get to the point where she sleeps a little longer at night...but I can't complain about getting up once a night..  She's just amazing, and I can't wait to see how she grows.  I'm so excited about taking her to Nebraska...she's going to be quite a different girl than the one everyone met in early September...she'll be almost 5 months when we visit Nebraska...

Time to start working again (I'm using an aircard during lunch to get around the block at work)...  I would post some pics...but the aircard makes that a VERY slow process.  Check them out on facebook!

No comments: