Friday, July 31, 2009

38.5 Week Checkup!

C'mon baby! Come to mama!

I FINALLY had an internal exam to check for dilation. 3 cm. Woot! Woot! I think we were all pretty shocked that I was even that far along (I was expecting like 1 cm). She said Morgan's head was very, very low...and was able to feel the head during the internal exam (which is kind of weird to think about). Anywho! Let's keep our fingers crossed to hope that she's well on her way...and definitely NOT late. No contractions yet. Just a lot of cramping and pressure....

They did mention on the news that this month has had the hottest average temperature than any other month in recorded Phoenix history. It's been a joy being 9 months pregnant during this record breaking month. I'll be sure to share that with Morgan when she gets older!

I'm pretty exhausted. I finished wrapping up pretty much everything to where I feel comfortable taking my maternity leave. Anything else I can do is just icing on the cake....

Yes...I'm ready... Hopefully, Morgan is ready soon!

3 comments:

The Kopers said...

3 cm! Woo-hoo! That's great! And a low baby! Even better. Here's what I've learned - being dialated some doesn't mean you'll go into labor any sooner than if you weren't - it just means, when labor does start, it'll be that much SHORTER! But a very low head DOES show that it could be coming pretty soon! She's down and ready to go! How exciting! I'll be praying for you - for a short, easy labor and a healthy baby and Mama! I'm so excited for you! Try to stay cool (easier said than done, right?)!

Molly said...

What great news Diane! I have a little gift for Morgan - but life's been a little crazy right now for me to find time to get it to you. I can't wait to see pics of her!

Holly said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see what she looks like!