Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ultrasound and New Due Date

Well - Baby Taylor is real - we got to see him/her. I'm going to start referring to Baby Taylor as Peanut - because that's really what Baby Taylor looked like in the ultrasound. So the first thing about the ultrasound: they told me to drink 32 oz of water an hour before the appointment. Um..that's a lot of water...and you want me to hold it for how long? I thought maybe I misheard, but then I received a reminder for my appointment and the automated message said the same thing. By the time Chris and I got to the doctor's office, I had to go SO bad - I was in pain!!! When they finally called me back, they asked how I was doing, and I told them great - but I really have to go. They said, "Oh yeah....we need you to empty your bladder for this ultrasound." What? So I happily go potty and meet Chris and the technician in the office. Um...what is that rod for? In the movies - all ultrasounds are on top of the tummy.... In real life...they can also be internal ultrasounds. I'll let you figure that out if you've not been in that situation before. Anywho. Because I had drank SO much water, my poor little bladder kept filling up - which the liquid was causing the picture to be fuzzy. They sent me to the bathroom twice after that in hopes of getting a clearer picture. We got a clear glimpse once - and saw that tiny little heart beating like crazy (136 BPM). They measured the crown to rump - and by the time they went to take a picture for us to take, it was fuzzy again. *sigh* They said things were looking good though - so that's good news.

Based on the measurements they took, they updated my due date to August 12, 2009. So instead of being 8 weeks exactly, I've been pushed back to 6 weeks 2 days. Which would put our conception date as November 5th - which I believe is right before John and Melissa came to visit.... Hmmm..... I joke around with Chris if he remembers that day....he swears he does...I swear he's lying. :o)

Anyways, here's a pic of peanut...or at least what you can see of peanut:

1 comment:

Holly said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys:) I'll enjoy reading your blog and seeing your and Peanut's progress!