Remember that episode of Friends where super-organized Monica finally reveals that her hall closet is a hot mess? It's her one area of organizational weakness? My pantry was that closet...metaphorically speaking.
Well, no more. NO MORE!
THIS IS SPARTA!!!
Ok....that might be a step too far...
Reeling it in....
I've started to feel much better within the last 36 hours. Not 100% but definitely stronger and more energetic. With Southern Boy still out of town and the girls in bed by 7:30...I had time to face the daunting pantry. And I survived...barely. The best part? It's organized into sections only I will probably understand. Just like my master bedroom closet (bottom clothes line is "casual" and top is "dressy". And then in order by sleeve length, fit, and collar. Why is this so difficult to understand?). So...here's the new pantry:
Can't see the difference? Allow me to explain my crazy thought process!
The non-food section behind the door. Bottom shelf = baby items (wipes & diapers). Second shelf: kitchen paper products. Third shelf: this is truly a random shelf...but for some reason it makes sense in my head. Top shelf = Health & Beauty.
The Baking Shelves:
The breakfast shelf:
The Korean section. :-)
Bottom shelf = vessels...they hold stuff. Noodles, tortillas, taco shells. Second shelf = sides. Third shelf = sauces, spice packets, general cooking items, and soups (again...it makes sense in my mind).
Now this is the embarrassing part. The snack section.... Top shelf = candy and sweets - kept up high because Momo is pretty sneaky at grabbing these sweets. Second shelf = salty snacks (crackers, chips, pretzels). Third shelf = kid friendlier snacks. Bottom shelf = bags of chips that are just too big to fit anywhere else. Does this mean the biggest portion of the pantry are snack items? Sadly yes....
Finally, the last area...the one closest to the door. This means frequently used items should be placed here. For example: paper plates, coffee, condiments, bread, peanut butter, and juices.
I never said this was a healthy household. But at least the pantry is organized in my own, crazy system. If only I could have color-coordinated it somehow....
I desperately want to paint the pantry....something fun....something bold.... I hear Pinterest calling my name...









No comments:
Post a Comment