Monday, May 11, 2009

Little Rock and Glucose Testing

This past week, I had to travel to Little Rock for business. It was one of the best business trips I've had. Because we are a smaller HR department, I was able to really get to know people I wouldn't have before! I took an EARLY (6 AM) flight out to Little Rock on Wednesday to spend a few hours with Leah before meeting up with all of my coworkers for dinner. It was SO nice to see her again! We've been friends since 8th grade! Life has taken us to different areas of the country, but she's always been a friend that I can call and have a serious or random conversation with! It's the best. She's expecting her third baby and is due about 4 weeks before me! Who would have thought we'd see each other while both expecting!


Back to the business side of the trip, we spent the day at Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs. So beautiful and so fun! I loved being on the boat in the afternoon. I got some sun on the legs and a pretty nerdy sunglass tan on my face! :o)~ We flew home on Friday morning, and I had my doctor's appointment that afternoon.

Unfortunately, my sugar numbers were a little high for the glucose test. The determining mark for additional testing is 140. A more conservative doctor will send you for additional testing at 130. My glucose level came in at 137. Everything else is looking perfect! Textbook weight gain (1 lb/week) and my tummy was measuring right at 26 cm (which corresponds to my 26 weeks). With my 1 lb/week - I am now back at my original weight! I took my 3 hour glucose test this morning. Let's keep our fingers crossed and say our prayers for good results on Friday at our next appointment.

And WOW! I was looking at my little ticker at the top of the blog - we are almost to the end! Crazy!

On Mother's Day, we painted the letters for Morgan's nursery. We also found some wall decals that we want to place on the pink wall in the nursery - they are pink themed animals....how very Diane!

We found out that AT&T is purchasing the majority of the divested Alltel properties. We don't know what that means long term - so as of now, it's business as usual. Thankfully, the FCC and DOJ approval should take 4-5 months, so at least, I will be able to enjoy my maternity leave before having to worry about my job!

I guess that's about it. We're ALMOST done with the nursery - and I promise when we are done, I'll post a picture!

1 comment:

The Kopers said...

Hey, great picture! I'm so glad your 3 hour glucose test didn't go as horribly as mine, and I'm sure you'll pass, especially since TECHNICALLY, you passed the first one.
I'm glad you had fun in Hot Springs - we'll have to check that out one of these days.
And I have no idea what the next-to-last paragraph of this post is talking about but I'm glad you don't have any job worries for now!
Love ya!